Welcome. This is a place for me to express my thoughts on anything and everything (from fashion to travel), and to share the experiences that I've come across throughout my journey of life. This is basically a place for all of us to unwind and let loose. I would love to hear your stories, so please feel free to comment on all my postings. Now grab a cup of coffee, sit down, relax and enjoy!

Google
 

Saturday, September 1, 2007

Must Haves - Favorite Books & Music!

Here's a list of my favorite books and music of all times. I hope you all will have a chance to explore into these unbelievable items!

Favorite Books

  • Tears for Water by Alicia Keys: This book of poems inspired me deeply. 'Golden Child' is my favorite poem from this book. Ms. Keys has brought me strength through her words during one of my most devastating times in my life. Her words are so real and this is why this book has stayed so close to my heart. To this day, Tears for Water provides strength, courage and love to my life.


  • Blink by Malcolm Gladwell: This is one of the most fascinating books I've ever come across. Blink is about that first split second reaction you have to all things around you. It's about how fasts we make snap judgements on everything around us and how acturate that thought can be. Gladwell called this 'thin-slicing'. We first process information on a subconscious level, then we take that information and do more analysis on it. This then creates less acturate information for us to base our decisions on. This book is so well-written and thought-provoking that I could hardly put it down! Definitely worth reading!


  • The Secret by Rhonda Byrne:


  • Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides:


  • Angels & Demons by Dan Brown:


Favorite Music









No comments: